Many people chose to leave their guests Party Favors: a parting gift or souvenir from their Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah celebration. This serves as a token of thanks for participating in the event and helping to make it so special, and also serves as a reminder of the special occasion.
Here are a few ideas of original and meaningful gifts you can leave for you visitors:
- “Images Through Time” Grace After Meals booklet (Bencher) – Perhaps one of the most stunning benchers I have ever seen, produced by Israeli photographer Rebecca Kowalsky. Check it out yourself!
- A kindness a day desk calendar – Areyvut’s calendar features 365 ways to make a difference, each correlating to a Jewish source.
- Beautiful ceramic hearts, chamsot, guitars or mezuzot made by the young adults at Aleh. Aleh is Israel’s largest network of residential facilities for children with severe physical and cognitive disabilities.
- Go Green with potted mini trees. You can attach a small tag with table information to each tree or write your guests names on the pots. Remember to print planting and care instructions on the back of the tag.
- Check out these recycled paper products.
- Beautiful kippot that change lives – crafted by the Mayan women behind MayaWorks. Sales support the remote villages in Guatemala where these women live. We’ve been told that you should order early, as they are very busy.
- Buy trees in Israel – The Jewish National Fund is the resource from whom you buy trees to be planted in Israel. They also offer invitations.
We asked our wonderful facebook groupies for more ideas, this is what they suggested:
- We did personalized airbrush shirts. I saw ones that were both embroided and airbrushed.
- Next best were dog tags!
- Candy too! M&Ms come personalized